CAE staff has the right to:
- Require appropriate, professional documentation demonstrating the nature and extent of the functional limitations caused by a condition.
- Deny a request for accommodations for reasons such as failure to submit required documentation, or where the documentation does not indicate that the accommodation is necessary.
- Refuse a request for an unreasonable accommodation or one which would alter an essential element of a course or degree.
- Discuss specific disability-related information with UCLA faculty or staff on a need-to-know basis in order to perform its functions.
- Review requests for accommodations and documentation submitted and respond in a timely manner regarding its determination.
- Maintain confidentiality of student documentation and communications.
- Engage student in interactive process in order to discuss reasonable accommodations.
- Determine reasonable accommodations and make recommendations to faculty regarding the implementation of accommodations.
- Act in accordance with Federal and State laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.