We know it can be difficult to maintain a sense of balance right now, so we have created a list of some different ways that help to create balance.
Download socializing apps to stay connected with family and friends. You can host a study group or just catch up.
- Recommended Apps: Google Hangouts, Marco Polo, Houseparty
- Recommended UCLA Resources: GRIT - Virtual Coaching
Try meditation or quiet time to refresh yourself mentally.
- Recommended Apps: Breathe2Relax
- Recommended UCLA Resource: RISE Center Virtual Programing, CAPS - Telehealth Services
Limit the amount of daily news and social media exposure concerning the current climate.
- Recommended Apps: Freedom
Incorporate an hour of exercising/physical activity (such as walking, running, online yoga/dance classes)
- Recommended Apps: Stretching Exercises (Android / iphone)
- Recommended UCLA Resource: UCLA Recreation - Virtual Fitness Classes
Good nutrition is an important stress management tool. If possible, incorporate more healthy, high fiber snacks into your diet.
- Recommended Websites: Nutrition in College; Affordable, Health Study Snacks
- Recommended UCLA Resource: UCLA Basic Needs Committee
Take some time to get outside, such as a walk or sitting on a balcony. It can also be as simple as opening a window or buy a plant to take care of.
- Recommended Apps: National Wildlife Federation Nature Guide
- Recommended UCLA Resource: UCLA Botanical Gardens
Sleep matters, for brain and body health. Try to maintain a regular sleep schedule, without taking too many naps.
- Recommended UCLA Resource: UCLA CAPS: Sleep in College