Adobe Reader - free software that reads pdfs out loud if the text is real
Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader
- VIEW – READ OUT LOUD, click Activate.
- Then go back to VIEW – READ OUT LOUD, select one of the following:
- Read this page only (CTRL + SHIFT + V) or
- Read to End of Document (CTRL + SHIFT + B)
TIP: Once you activate read out loud, you can select any paragraph to have it read aloud. Be sure to download the latest version – Adobe Reader DC – to ensure that the feature will work.
- Pause/Resume reading (CTRL + SHIFT + C)
- Stop reading (CTRL + SHIFT + E)