Parking Accommodations

For information on parking, please review the UCLA Transportationwebsite. Students seeking a parking permit should first apply for a parking permit through the Bruin ePermit system.

Students seeking disabled parking who do not qualify for a state issued disability placard: the CAE can assess if parking would be a reasonable accommodation due to a disability-related reason, on a case-by-case basis, and as a temporary interim measure.

What information does the CAE need for a temporary parking allocation due to my disability?

That assessment would require submitting the Parking Request and Verification Form, which you can request by emailing us at This form is needed for those that do not fully meet the DMV criteria but are able to meet most (i.e., few ft. of difference in walking). Section Aof the Parking Verification Form is required to be completed by your physician. When completing the verification, you want to ensure your providers responds to the following questions to certify the need for a disability parking allocation by meeting one or more of the following criteria:

  • Cannot walk 200 feet or more without stopping to rest:
  • Cannot walk without the use of, or assistance from, another person or brace, cane, crutch, prosthetic device, wheel chair or other assistive device.
  • Is restricted by lung disease to the extent that forced expiratory volume for 1 second when measured by spirometry is less than one liter or the arterial oxygen tension is less than 60 mm/hg on room air test:
  • Uses portable oxygen;
  • Has a cardiac condition to the extent that functional limitations are classified in severity as class III or IV, according to standards accepted by the American Heart Association;
  • Is severely limited in the ability to walk due to arthritic, neurological or orthopedic condition;
  • Cannot use stairs.

Has an equal degree of disability to those described above (please describe the diagnosis and the functional limitations of disability in relation to a campus parking accommodation).

Is the parking allocation temporary or permanent?

The parking accommodation is an interim, temporary accommodation and is approved for one quarter only. The accommodation would not be for a designated accessible parking space. The parking accommodation would allow access to a particular designated parking allocation within a specific parking structure. If you are in the process of obtaining an accessible placard or permit with the DMV, you can submit the Parking Request and Verification Form and any information confirming the DMV process so we can provide an interim approval of a permit.

What if I need an accessible parking spot or to park in different locations?

All students seeking to receive access to a marked accessible parking spot should already have a DMV placard. Each state establishes criteria and procedures to issue accessible parking permits (often in the form of distinctive license plates or placards) to individuals with disabilities. For the state of California, the information is provided through the DMV website. UCLA is committed to providing accessible parking spaces as described in the mandate. The CAE does not allocate accessible parking permits for marked parking spots that are strictly designated for those with state issued placards.

Transportation Accommodations

Students with permanent or temporary mobility impairments may request assistance with traveling around campus and to adjacent residential areas through BruinAccess transportation service. This service is operated by UCLA Transportation. The CAE works in collaboration with Transportation to evaluate student requests for the BruinAccess van service. Visit the UCLA transportation page for more information.